My Travel Makeup Essentials



Makeup Bag: Primark


As I was in Berlin a couple of weeks ago I decided to write about my travel makeup essentials.
I tend to overpack my suitcase a lot, so I like to think about what to take with me 
a week or two beforehand. 


Makeup is the one section, that I can't seem to decide what to take with me.
I usually decide just before I do my makeup what look I'm going for or what mood I am today. It seems impossible for me to pack something the day before without having thought about it for a while. These are the products I ended up taking with me to Berlin.



L'Oréal Paris Indefectible foundation:
I've heard so much about this foundation and had to get my hands on it. Now, for me this is kind of a weird product. It doesn't like my primer at all. The best way for me to apply this is with my Buffing brush from Real Techniques and go over with a Beauty Blender afterwards. This foundation isn't matte nor dewy. It has a really pretty satin like finish that I personally really like. But the best thing is: I don't ever set this with a powder (as it seems to look really cakey with a powder on top) and my face won't look too oily in the evening.




Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #15:
I have been going through so many of these concealers. The coverage is really good and it's so affordable. I use this color to highlight my under eye area a little bit. If I would have to conceal any blemishes I would go for the color #10 that is more like my actual skin color.




MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle":
I am obsessed with the bronzed and highlighted look at the moment and couldn't go without my trusty highlighter. This is probably my favourite product from MAC that I own and is definitely worth the hype.




Benefit "Hoola":
Of course I couldn't not take my Hoola Bronzer with me. I absolutely love this bronzer. At the moment I am learning how to contour my face the right way but this bronzer is just as perfect for a bronzed face. I usually like to apply this bronzer with a Real Techniques Blush Brush or the Powder Brush to give me a nice bronzed up face.





MAC powder blush in "Fleur Power":
This is one blush that I personally love to death. It such a nice pink blush with a satin finish.
This one was the first blush from MAC I've bought and has been in my makeup routine since then.



Soap and Glory Archery in "Brownie Points":
This is my number one brow product. I used to fill in my eyebrows with the MAC "charcoal brown" eyeshadow but lost quite a few brow hairs due to stress and decided a powder/eyeshadow doesn't do the job good enough for me. In searching where to buy the Anastasia Brow wiz I stumbled across this gem. It was a bit cheaper and just as hyped by people that have tried it. It has a brow tint at one side (to fill in and add hairs) and a pencil like end at the other side (to shape the brow). I've been using this product for over a year now and still can't get over how amazing it is.




MAC Lipstick in "Creme Cup":
Creme Cup is my all time favourite MAC Lipstick. It is such a nice everyday shade. I love love love this light pink shade and would definitely recommend giving this a shot if you think about getting a MAC Lipstick.





Tanya Burr Lipgloss in "Afternoon Tea":
I'm a big fan of Tanya and had to get something from her makeup line. I decided to go with Afternoon Tea. I have to say that I absolutely hated lipgloss before this one. They all seemed to be too sticky for me and I really didn't like that at all. Nontheless I decided to buy this lipgloss to show my support and fell in love with it. I've got so many compliments when wearing this on my lips. It is so pigmented and smells like strawberries. It also goes quiet well with Creme Cup underneath.




 
Right: Woodwinked , Left: Woodwinked blended 

MAC Eyeshadow in "Woodwinked":
If you want a 2 in 1 product from MAC go look for Woodwinked. It's a pretty bronzy old gold color if that makes sense. The cool thing about this eyeshadow is: If you put this all over your lid and blend it at the edges into your crease it looks like you've got 2 different shades on. Blended Woodwinked is a orange-y kind of shade.





MAC Eye kohl in "Teddy":
This is the only MAC eye kohl I own. I go through phases of using the crap out of this and then neglecting this for the next months. I'm not a big fan of eyeliner. I never really got along with how to apply it or which one to buy. I, by now, figured out that a brown looks better on my blue eyes than black. Tanya Burr mentioned Teddy in one of her videos and I instantly fell in love with the color. It a warm brown shade with red glitter particles in it. Absolutely gorgeous.




L'Oréal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara:
There is nothing much to tell about this product apart from: I love this! It's a bit on the pricier side of drugstore Mascaras bur in my opinion worth it. Now everyone has different preferences and different eyelashes but to me this is the perfect Mascara.





2 comments

  1. I love the L'Oreal Infallible foundation! It's been my go to base recently because it's just perfect for my skin! Woodwinked is super pretty, I definitely need to add this one to my Mac quad! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, the Infalliable foundation has been my go to base too. I just love how it covers most of my redness without being too heavy on the skin.
      Woodwinked is absolutely stunning. The photos really don't do it justice.

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.