Breakfast Oatmeal recipe

Hello you lovely people,
I finally got my Tablet PC back, so I can start blogging again! I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to blog a lot this month. I hope this will change now. My laptop is still in my brother in law's hands to get tidied up and repaired, but as long as I have my Tablet, I think I'm good to go.
While I was away, I decided to start eating healthier again. December was too much to handle for my body. All of that good food and a lot of time to prepare that good stuff *sigh*
A lot of that change has to do with the fact, that in a week I will be heading to Melbourne and I desperately try not to get sick before or on that long flight. 
Everything starts with a good breakfast! 
As I've got a lot of time on my hands right now, I like to start my day by preparing a nice breakfast. Something I have been loving the last couple of days is Oatmeal.
I don't know where this is coming from, because I am not a big fan of oats or muesli. But, I thought, why not share the recipe on here? 
Oatmeal:
60g Oats
Almond milk (it depends on how creamy you want your oatmeal)
A tiny bit Sugar
Cinnamon
Put the oats and the almond milk in a pot and heat it up. Don't forget to stir it up so it doesn't burn. When it's in the consistency I want, I put the sugar and cinnamon in and stir it again. That's it!
Toppings:
Roasted Coconut Chips
Nuts
Corn flakes
Fruits
You can put so much on top of your oatmeal or eat it plain. I loved to put coconut chips and a banana on top.
For the coconut chips, I place the wished amount of coconut chips in a small pan and roast them until they are golden. You can either leave them like that or you could spice them. I love mine with a bit of sugar when they are in the pan to caramelize them and mix a bit of salt and cinnamon with the chips at the end. That's an amazing snack as well as a amazing topping for your oatmeal. 
If you want to you can take almonds or any kind of nuts you want instead of the coconut, that's just the way I liked to do it.

What are your thoughts on Oatmeal? What's your favorite topping?
post signature

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.