Collective Skin Care Haul



There are some things I just can not live without for even 6 months.
A good skin care routine for example. In the last 3 weeks of me being in Melbourne, I collected a few things for my skin care that I couldn't take with me.
I went to Lush, Priceline and Mecca Cosmetica to put together a good routine to help prevent my skin from breaking out badly.


Lush Herbalism Cleanser
This stuff looks so weird. It's a bright green paste that you run under running water for a second and crumble apart until it's a milky looking paste. It makes my skin feel incredibly soft. The only flaw is the smell. It smells so bad that I can just hope that I will get used to it eventually.
Lush Mask Of Magnaminty

I've talked about this mask on my Top 5 Lush products post. In my opinion, it's the best mask ever. It makes my skin feel refreshed and it helps to get rid of any spots or blackheads I have.
Lush Ocean Salt

After a long flight and the transition from winter to summer, I have to have a good peel. My skin felt flaky and not as soft as usual. Once again, I have talked about this product on here in my Top 5 Lush products post and my opinion hasn't changed. I still love this peeling so much.
Lush Tea Tree Toner

I've used Tea Tree Oil for years now to beat the biggest spots on my face. 
For months, I was contemplating whether or not to get the Tea Tree Toner from Lush. I've heard many good things about it. Until now, all I can say is that I really enjoy this product. I love the smell and find it to be really refreshing on my face.
Witch Hazel Toner

A couple years back, when I was searching desperately for something to help me with my acne, I heard a lot of people talk about Witch Hazel.  It's supposed to clear your skin and tighten large pores. I've never seen it back in Germany and as soon as I saw the bottle in Coles I had to get it to try it out. I've used it for 2 or 3 weeks now and I think it helps keeping my skin clear.
Sephora Sleeping Masks

I just bought another two of these and have to admit: I am obsessed with these.
I love how my skin feels the morning after I applied one of the masks. It feels so much softer and hydrated. I guess, they are made for one application but I have gotten 3 uses out of one mask.


Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 30+

I have been on the hunt for a moisturiser with SPF for awhile now. The ones I tried in Germany felt just like putting on sun screen. It made my skin feel greasy, it was way too thick to apply and eventually made my skin break out badly. Since the sun is so strong down under, I had to buy something to protect my face. And I really do like it. My face didn't break out because of this and it feels like putting on a normal moisturiser on my face.


Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for oily skin

I remember that I got this cleanser from my dermatologist, when I first came to him because of my bad acne. That was about 6 years ago, I think. Part of me thinks: I really did like it so much that I still remember it. The other part just thinks: It has to be good, if my Dermatologist gave this to me.
I use this on the days I don't have any make up on to cleanse my skin or after I removed my make up with The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. I put it onto my konjac sponge and rub this into my wet skin.


Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion

Same brand, because I believe in what my Dermatologist recommends. I've heard many people talk about the CeraVe lotion and I can honestly not see the difference between those two brands. The look so similar to me. Either way, I love to apply this a couple minutes before I do my make up and let it sink into my skin. It has really helped with applying my make up. It makes my skin feel soft and my make up applies more easily.
What does your skin care routine look like?


post signature

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.