Adelaide SA, Australien

Adelaide & Kangaroo Island



True to all of my travel based blogs that I have been uploading recently, here is another one. I left my host family in Melbourne a month earlier than planned to see a bit of Australia before going back home. 


First stop was Adelaide. Before I was even sure, if I was going to be an aupair in Australia I loved to read about Kangaroo Island. Kangaroo Island is Australias 3rd biggest island and tourism is growing in importance. 

And as Perth was too expensive for me, I decided I would spend 3 days in Adelaide with a 1-Day tour in Kangaroo Island. So I hopped on a flight from Melbourne to Adelaide and checked in to the Adabco Boutique Hotel.
The Hotel is pretty close to Rundle Street and Rundle Mall, which is the main shopping district in Adelaide. It also wasn't too far from the airport. 

I had a room all to myself for 3 days. The room included a TV, Safe, Water boiler and your selection of Tea or Coffee. Breakfast was not included but if you wanted to you'd just have to pay 10 Dollars.
The first half a day, I just looked at Rundle Street and bought some stuff to eat on my Kangaroo Island trip because that was booked for the next day.
I had to wake up super early (5am) on Monday because I got picked up at the hotel at 6.15am. I got picked up first in a small shuttle bus that picked up some others on the way to the bus station. At the bus station we changed buses to a bigger, much busier bus. With that bus we drove about 2 hours to Jervis Bay, where we would board the ferry to Kangaroo Island. 
The ferry took about 45 minutes. By the time we were on Kangaroo Island it was 10am, I believe. We got to our bus and met our tour guide for the day, who turned out to be super nice and helpful. 
























I honestly don't know any names to the places we've been but I have a lot of photos I want to share with you. I absolutely loved Kangaroo Island. It has some really amazing beaches, as well as lookouts. We got to see Kangaroos, Koalas and Echidnas.
I borrowed my friends gopro to film my adventures and uploaded a video about Kangaroo Island. Here it is:
By the time I was back in my hotel room, it was 10pm. So, I slept a bit longer the next day to make up for lost sleep. 
I just walked around Adelaide again. I went into some shops, which I couldn't do on sunday because everything was about to close. 
The day after that I had my plane flight to Sydney booked. On the airport I did buy myself sunglasses. That's what I wanted to do for a long time because I only have some from H&M that are getting old.
I hope to upload a blog post about Sydney and some places up the east coast soon. So keep an eye out for that.
post signature

2 comments

  1. These are such beautiful pictures! Love your travel post and great blog :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather. I appreciate it :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.