August Favorites


It has been a long time since I shared my monthly favorites with you. The last 6 months in Australia went by in a blur and now I'm sitting here on my couch in Germany, thinking about my blog for the first time in a month. I have quite a few favorites to share with you. I have discovered so many amazing things in the last months, that I haven't shared with you yet.



Travel Diary from Typo

Whenever I had some kind of adventure planned, I wrote the highlights of the day in my travel diary. It has been my best friend while I was in Australia and I'll hopefully still have some days that I feel like I need to write down. Whenever I feel down or I miss this wonderful country, I will grab this diary and read some of the amazing things I done while I was down under. 


MAC Lipstick in Mehr

I just couldn't help myself. I know that MAC is soooooo much more expensive in Australia and everything sold there is sold in Germany, but after walking by the MAC counter a dozen of times, I just couldn't say no. Once again I have fallen for a mauve lipstick. But who says you could have enough mauve shades? No one ever told me that, so I just keep getting more. Mehr is a matte lipstick, but it doesn't dry out the lips or leave them feeling like there's something on the lips.


Becca Champagne Collection Face Palette

I saw that in Sephora the last day I was in Melbourne and grabbed it in half a second. I knew I had to get my hands on this beauty. I am obsessed with highlighter and especially the Becca highlighters are my favorite right now. The feel so nice to the touch and can be pretty intense or, with a really light hand, a bit more wearable. I already had Champagne Pop and loved it but after I saw Jaclyn's snaps of this palette I knew I would want it in my life.


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone

Apart from my single Champagne Pop Highlighter, I picked up Moonstone. It's a light gold Highlighter and I just love how intense I can get this to look. If I want to blind people, Becca is definitely the brand of highlighter I would pick up. Moonstone, in my opinion, is a bit more wearable than Champagne pop or Prosecco pop. Something about the intense gold highlights makes me think they're not a wearable on my skin.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

I used to love the Foundation of the Wake me up range. At some point, however, they changed the formula and I didn't like the new version that much. I wanted to try out the concealer for ages and picked it up at Target in Melbourne. I have already gone through one of these and I'm loving it more than my Maybelline Fit Me concealer. And that's saying a lot. 
It gives my face a bit of a glow, which I love mostly because I usually go for a matte foundation on my oily skin. The coverage is light to medium in my opinion, so I don't use it to cover any of my blemishes or my red skin.  


Too Faced Chocolate Bar & Sweet Peach Palettes

You guys know that I love to watch Kathleenlights on YouTube and she has been raving about the Chocolate Bar palette for ages. Sadly, Too Faced is not sold in Germany and it's really hard to get you hands on anything by Too Faced. The first time I stepped into Mecca and saw they had a Too Faced counter I was all over the palette, swatching and smelling the palette. It has been my favorite thing to play with. So can you imagine how excited I was for the release of the Sweet Peach palette?! I love both of these Palettes equally. The Chocolate Bar for a more bronzy and darker look, the Sweet Peach for all the peachy, warm looks.


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

This was the first thing I picked up from Too Faced. Way before I dared to buy the Chocolate Bar palette. For me personally, this Mascara is everything. I thought I loved the Benefit Roller Lash but I love the Better Than Sex sooooooo much more.
Too Faced Sweet Tea Bronzer
Really close to my highlight obsession comes my Bronzer obsession. I love Bronzer so much and I definitely have too many in my collection. Once again, Kathleenlights has been all over this Bronzer. I swatched it in Mecca and didn't know how to feel about it. But thanks to the lovely girl working there, I am now obsessed with this. It looks so cute in it's packaging and absolutely stunning on my cheeks. I just can't put it down.


Colourpop Highlight in Smokin Whistles

This is my no-effort-but-I-still-need-my-highlight Highlight. I just tap this onto my skin when I'm in a rush or can't be bothered to find a brush. I took this to travel with me and I loved it so much. I don't worry so much about it breaking and it is just so quick. It doesn't look powdery or cakey on my skin, which is amazing.


Colourpop Lippie Stix in Aquarius

This is my go to nude lip. If I had to say which colour my ideal nude is, I would point to this bad boy. I don't think I have to tell you about the Lippie Stix. Everyone and their grandma has been raving about these lipsticks.


Colourpop Lippie Stix in Cami

I love this color so much. It's such a nice mauve that, I feel, isn't too dark for a everyday lip. 
This Lippie Stix is in the matte x formula. Like the name says, it's extremely matte on the lips but it glides on smooth like any other Lippie Stix and doesn't dry out the lips. 


Colourpop creme gel liner pencils in swerve & prance

Actually Gel eyeliner, I guess. In pencil form. Confusing but these pencils are my life. I always had that problem of eyeliner (liquid or pencil) creasing and moving to my outer corner. Never ever did I think that a pencil for 5 Dollars would fix that. Plus prance is just such a nice blue that I can add to my lower lash line to give my makeup a pop of color. 


Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Wattles

This shadow is all I have been wearing on holiday. I am honestly so in love with this eye shadow and will probably buy a back up of this the next time I order something from Colourpop. It's a "dusty beige pink" as Colourpop describe it on their website. It's a satin eye shadow with specks of sparkle in there and worn on the whole lid and blended into the crease will already make it a absolutely stunning eye shadow look. 


Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder in Light

I got the travel size at Sephora. I knew about it from Mirellabelle and when I saw it I just grabbed it without thinking too much about it. It is my favorite powder to set my under eyes even though I tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light that everyone is going mad over. I like that powder but I love my Cover FX so much more.


Tarte Blush in Exposed

I was swatching the blushes from Tarte for 5 months until I decided to get exposed, a really hyped about shade, in Sydney. I'm not the biggest Blush hoarder; Blush being probably something I'm the least excited to buy. However, I think this is absolutely stunning and it lasts forever on my cheeks.


Clinique Facial Liquid Soap for oily skin

I'm always trying to improve my skincare routine and find products that work for my skin. And I really think this cleanser is working for me. Sure, it's not the most affordable brand but I'm willing to pay a bit more to have healthy looking skin and no breakouts. I started using that on holiday in Italy and have been using it every morning and night before my toner and moisturizer. My face feels so soft after I washed it and I haven't had any bad breakouts since.


Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 30+

It's important to protect your skin from the sun. We all know that. But I didn't find any good moisturizers with SPF in them until I bought this one. It makes me really sad to think that this is my only bottle of this stuff. I've never had an SPF this lightweight before. All the sunscreens I tried before were thick like a normal sunscreen and left my face look and feel like a greasy mess. A no no for my already oily skin. I haven't put this moisturizer down since I purchased it and I will most likely cry once it's all gone. It's honestly the best sunscreen for my face I ever had.



post signature

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.